Ladies and Gentlemen,
Neuroendocrine tumors (NET) diagnosis and therapy need to be performed by interdisciplinary teams consisting of experts originating from variety of medical specializations and fields. We have observed since several years and increasing interest in NET, mostly due to new possibilities related to diagnostic procedures and therapy. Neuroendocrine tumors are diagnosed too rarely in Poland, and their diagnosis very often is challenged by many difficulties. Only combined effort of multiple specialists including in particular endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, pulmonologists, surgeons, oncologists and pathologists may lead to implementation of new management of patients suffering from NET.
The main purposes for creating the Polish Network for Neuroendocrine Tumors are twofold:
- to constitute a platform of knowledge, experience and expertise exchange,
- to commence multi-center scientific co-operation within Poland and outside.
Polish Network for Neuroendocrine Tumors principal objectives are as following::
- to integrate specialists listed above around introduction of new methods of diagnosis and therapy in patients suffering from NET,
- to prepare guidelines for diagnosis and therapy management,
- to facilitate scientific co-operation and disseminate the newest scientific achievements related to NET,
- to co-operate with scientific societies, notably Polish Society of Endocrinology, Polish Society of Surgeons, Polish Society of Clinical Oncologic Surgery, Polish Society of Gastroenterology, Polish Society of Nuclear Medicine, Polish Society of Oncology, Polish Society of Pathology,
- to co-operate with National Registry of Neuroendocrine Tumors GEP and other neuroendocrine tumors registries,
- to represent Polish Network for Neuroendocrine Tumors front of European Neuroendocrine Tumor Network (ENETS).
I hope that all initiatives undertaken by Polish Network for Neuroendocrine Tumors will add to the emergence of the most effective management of patients suffering from NET, with the use of the newest achievements of medicine.
Prof. Beata Kos-Kudła
Chairman of Advisory Board
Polish Network for Neuroendocrine Tumors